CIS Russia we believe in:
- providing a safe, secure, stimulating and caring educational environment where children can grow and develop as individuals;
- delivering a balanced and effective curriculum, using modern pedagogic methods with flexible approaches to teaching and learning so as to promote academic excellence;
- fostering self-respect, self-discipline, independence and organisational skills for success in this rapidly changing world;
- the equality and value of every member of the school community;
- providing opportunities for the development of all members of the school community;
and very, very importantly
- ensuring that every child in our care is a happy child!
Teaching and Learning
CIS Russia is a community for effective teaching and learning. We seek to develop self-esteem and pleasure in learning through a stimulating, supportive and happy environment that provides all members with opportunities to achieve their potential in the intellectual, physical, moral and social domains.
We value punctuality, honesty, creativity, kindness, independence, empathy, trust, humour, and tolerance.
We show respect for ourselves, other people, our environment, school property, and individual property.
CIS Russia recognises the importance of communication. We encourage and support effective communication between all members of the school community.
Positive Behaviour Management
We use positive behaviour management, model good behaviour, use a reward system, use sanctions sparingly, support each other and are kind and polite.